Friday 25 February 2011

Half term work- Six shots from music videos

The video is 'Stop and Stare' by One Republic. I chose this shot because it gives us the setting that the musician is in. A dim lit room, with breezer block walls. It shows us what kind of clothes are related to the artist, dark hoody and trousers. I also chose this because we don't actually see the artist properly, we are only given the idea of what they would be like.



Neon Trees- Animal. I chose this shot because it shows the band having a good time. It uses props well (the pillow/feathers, silly string, and lights.) The feathers help show the mayhem of the band. The lights show that they are light hearted and modern as do their clothes and style.



Sleigh Bells- Infinity Gutiars. I chose this shot because in that one close-up it describes the band and their music. I like this close-up of  someone lighting a match, because it shows us that the music is going to be explosive and that the band is bad ass.




Muse- Hysteria. I like this shot because it is from the view of the protaganist character. I believe that using a frist person shot like that might be useful for our music video, to help get the audience on the same page as the character.




Paramore- Misery Business. I chose this shot because it shows the attitude of Hayley Williams. In the video she is proud and she is telling her story about beating the high school 'bad girl' to the guy they both wanted. We get the idea of what genre the band is in as well from the way Hayley has been made up, and the words written on the floor in the background  in black with white boarder.

Flobots- Handle Bars. I chose this over the shoulder shot, because it shows the strength and dertimination in the protaganists eyes and face. It really goes with the power of the music. I love the way you have the characters hand on the shoulder of the homeless man, it shows the goodness and honor in him and what he stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment